• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Chess Table
This is the 3rd chess table I made. The squares are 2" squared, maple and mahogany. The pieces are maple and padauk with the kings being about 4.5" tall. They were friction polished and embelished with glass marbles. Not pictured are the checker pieces to match. The board is 20" squared, framed with spalted quartersawn sycamore. The rest of the box is mahogany with padauk corner molding and drawer fronts. Overall, about 7 coats of minwax brush on polyurethane, and about 50 hours of labor. I think I'm just about ready to make another, as the other 2 have sold. A project like this is a good exercise involving lathework and flatwork.
As always, comments and critiques are welcomed.
www.perfectwoodworks.com
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Leo Frilot
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings