• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Curly Silver Poplar HF
Keith Burns

Curly Silver Poplar HF

My friend Mark Cothren visited me on New Years eve for a day of turning and he left me a few blanks. The form measures 4-3/8" dia. x 3-3/4" tall and finished with my 10 minute finish. The pic is not the best I know but the wood is absolutely beautiful. I also tried out the new Carter 5/8" Hollow Roller bar on this and it worked great. The walls are 1/8" and it was hollowed thru a 7/8" opening. After not turning much in the last few months it's fun to be back at the lathe.
very nice

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Keith Burns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata