• Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ethan Hoff for "Globe Ornament" being selected as Turning of the Week for October 21, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Drogon
This is another dragon egg that is pretty close to hatching. Maybe only a couple hundred years left? The egg is Maple, and I turned, carved, charred, pyro textured, and dry brushed it with acrylics. The base is White Oak, and I carved, charred, and pyro textured it prior to sanding the bottom portion. The two parts are separate to allow multiple viewing options, and overall the egg/base is 5.5”h x 2.75” x 2.75”.
Here are some additional views:

OL4tcm9.jpg

Xx5DPKv.jpg

i0I3jh1.jpg

Another wonderful piece, Michael. Love the textures & colors. Is the title correct or a misspelling? IMO, I think a little more light (fill or bounce card) is needed in your photo to give it a little more dimension and definition ... just my preference. I'm not a photographer - so you can take that advice or leave it. :D

Thanks a lot everyone!! These are fun from the beginning to the end. Maybe a little bit of type 2 fun thrown in.

@Tom Gall - not a typo. I name it after a dragon in a book series/tv show (game of thrones). And I agree 100% about the need for some more light in the photo. It was one of those cases where the photo looked fine on the camera screen, but when I loaded it onto my computer it kind of fell flat. Always a learning process! (You might not call yourself a photographer, but your photos are always top notch—I appreciate the advice!)

Outstanding Dragon egg Michael! I love the differing depths of texting and your coloring looks great. I will be looking for this on my TV when the series starts up again, haha!!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Michael Anderson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device