• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Imbalance
Rick Moreton

Imbalance

A basswood cannonball and feather held in a cherry scale above a claro walnut base. All elements were turned. Ball is covered in black acrylic paint, silver rub-n-buff, and a few coats of watered down black and brown paint for weathering. Feather was turned as thin as I dared and then carved. Cherry scale was a board very roughly cut and held in 2 of 4 jaws for turning.
It's just under 6x4x6 inches. I did it as my submission for the POP auction, unfortunately I didn't get accepted. Oh well, it was fun to make and there is always next year.

Thanks Vincent! All the years of hoarding scraps finally paid off! I think the biggest skills used were sanding and patience.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Rick Moreton
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device