• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Lipstick on a PIG
R

Lipstick on a PIG

Lipstick on a PIG

This was one UGLY piece of maple log that I had cut about 10 years ago, and had been sitting in my shop and was pretty dry.
Of course, I did not know how ugly this maple would be until I got into it.
It was only big enough to make a box or cut it smaller & make bottle stoppers or pen blanks, so I decided on a lidded box.

I just dyed this thing black to see if it would help it....it did some, but I wasn't happy with it, so sanded the black back on the sides of the box, and put some leftover green artisan dye I had on it........okay, at least I can work with it now. The lid was just ugly, and had this discolored area around what is the knob, and the blank did not yield enough to make a proper size knob, so this knob is part ugly maple and part black walnut! The sequential black/green lipstick features hopefully help this pig. The bottom is natural color with my signature. Diameter is 4-3/4".
Roger.....

Can I ask how you add your small logo/brand on the bottom left corner or will you have to kill me if you tell me?

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Roger Chandler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename