• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ronald Campbell for "Guardian Penguin" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 10, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
November 2023 BOC Box
Gabriel Hoff

November 2023 BOC Box

I have been working steadily each month to produce a box and usually don't post them, but this month the box is little different. For the first time I tried doing a black veneer ring in the middle of the box along with different segmented ring counts as a part of the design. Wood on the box is curly hard maple in 24 segments and black walnut is 12 segments--lid is quarter sawn walnut. Box is finished with just wax. I am almost done with boxes for this year and I think this one is my favorite....
You’re nicely hooked now Gabriel!

BOC is such a great program, way to step up.

Al Miotke set up a system to cut out many box parts for quick assembly. His experience was when he delivered a batch of these to a hospital, he realized the huge need for these boxes dwarfed his desire for box uniqueness. They always need these boxes!!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gabriel Hoff
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename