• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Ornaments and Display Stand
Mike Brazeau

Ornaments and Display Stand

Oct. 15/08- This set of six ornaments and stand are for a silent auction at our annual Force Gala this weekend. (See www.stopthequarry.ca ) Bell (with Ebony Clapper) and Angel (thank you Eugen Schlaak) are plain Box Elder (Canadian Holly) I processed a couple of years ago from fresh log pieces. I hollowed both with my homemade Hunter/Eliminator tool. By using Cellulose Sanding Sealer on the Box Elder, it stays very white. Other woods used are some 40 year old Pennsylvania walnut (gift of a fellow turner from Baltimore), Ebony, Mulberry Birdhouse Roof, Spalted Maple and Box Elder ornament ovals and a Sea Urchin as well. Ring is 8 in diameter. Stand is 6 in diameter and 13 high, with beads on base by Triple Point Tool and texturing with Sorby Texturing Tool. Ornaments finished with Cellulose Sanding Sealer and Mylands Quick Build. I did put Watco Danish Oil on the Walnut to pop the grain, before a light coat of Mylands. Any comments welcome of course.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mike Brazeau
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename