• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ronald Campbell for "Guardian Penguin" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 10, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pottential
G

Pottential

This piece is approx 7" high turned from Ash textured and coloured.The texturing was created by sticking gritblasting abrasive on with epoxy resin.
Then several coats of lacquer were applied to smooth out some of the roughness.Then i sprayed on several coats of terracotta coloured Acrylic paint and dabbed on verdigris wax.
What i have tried to achieve is to create a piece based on terracotta and pottery.
All comments are very welcome
Reactions: Ligia Rodrigues
Interesting concept of adding something to obtain texture rather than cutting the wood. I like it!

I also like the finished piece!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Foweraker
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata