• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
TRIANGLES II INSIDE
Andy Goldman

TRIANGLES II INSIDE

The bowl is made of 35 layer of 96 segments per layer for a total of 3360 segments. It is made of Canary, Cherry, Pau Amarillo, Peruvian Walnut, Satine. The Width is 10 inches and the Height is 7 inches. On to the next Charity Donation.
Andy, although I didn't look at all of your previous gallery offerings to check, it looks like the the way you've handled the base block of wood might be done a little differently than you've done in the past. This "dipping" into the wood here adds a little more "dimension" to the eye appeal of your beautiful laminated bowls.

Great look! :)

-o-

Andy, although I didn't look at all of your previous gallery offerings to check, it looks like the the way you've handled the base block of wood might be done a little differently than you've done in the past. This "dipping" into the wood here adds a little more "dimension" to the eye appeal of your beautiful laminated bowls.

Great look! :)

-o-
odie: you are correct, the last few turnings I have tried to add a little more interest to the the "base block". Thank you for your comment.

Andy, your patterns, wood selections (colors), and technique are all excellent ... and your philanthropy is very commendable.

As Odie mentioned (and you), the additional turning of the base block adds more interest. However, IMHO I think if you continued the curve of the interior on the base block (like a shallow bowl) and not drop off so abruptly (like a swimming pool) would be a more preferable option. Does that make sense?

Also, the reverse curve of the exterior form leads to a very large footprint. IMO, the foot/base could be 1/3 (or more) smaller by continuing the curve of the form. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that reverse curve was dictated by your holding method (chuck, faceplate).

Just my 2¢ :) ... and, I hope you take these comments in the spirit they were given.

Andy, your patterns, wood selections (colors), and technique are all excellent ... and your philanthropy is very commendable.

As Odie mentioned (and you), the additional turning of the base block adds more interest. However, IMHO I think if you continued the curve of the interior on the base block (like a shallow bowl) and not drop off so abruptly (like a swimming pool) would be a more preferable option. Does that make sense?

Also, the reverse curve of the exterior form leads to a very large footprint. IMO, the foot/base could be 1/3 (or more) smaller by continuing the curve of the form. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that reverse curve was dictated by your holding method (chuck, faceplate).

Just my 2¢ :) ... and, I hope you take these comments in the spirit they were given.
Tom: Thank you for your comments. Constructive comments are always welcome and appreciated as it makes all of us better in what we do.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Andy Goldman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename