• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW eBay auction

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
Good question.

Searches for 'AAW' and 'AAW wood' yielded no results.

Maybe someone from POP will post the link under the AAW Information forum when they go live...

Last edited:

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
link up

There is now a link up on the AAW homepage which goes to pics of the items up for auction. The link to the auctions themselves is likely to follow when they go live on ebay.

Website
www.carolevalentine.com
I can't get to any of it. If I click the link to ebay when looking at the picture on the AAW site (for example, Molly's piece) it says item has been removed or is unavailable. Can't find the auction from the ebay site at all. Auction should have started by now.

Website
www.mnwoodturners.org
Carol - FYI

I just finally got in for the first time a few minutes ago. I clicked on the turner's item picture, then clicked on the auction link above the picture and then was taken direct to the eBay auction for that piece. Try that routine and see what happens.

(Molly's piece has 6 days to go, currently received 3 bids and is at $102.)

Lee Tourtelotte

Terrible site!

I also got on. You would thought that you could access all the areas from one site on eBay. No you have to keep going back to AAW site and click on each piece! Poorly thought out!

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
There were some problems with ebay (I am not surprised, I use ebay and their tech support I find somewhat lacking - that's as nice as I can be :D ).

The issue is being addressed and hopefully will be resolved soon. Hang in there - there is plenty of time to get a bid in.

Last edited:
Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Link To ALL Auctions

This will show the listings for the seller - aaw_pop_auction:
http://shop.ebay.com/aaw_pop_auction/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I sell on eBay, for a living, several hundred lots a month. I had a difficult time finding the auctions at all. I searched for Molly Winton and nothing came up. It MAY be because we are new sellers and that thee names haven't been processed into the main search database.
After I went to the AAW home page, then to the auction page, then to one auction, I clicked on the "see other items" link and got the address I provided.
If the search doesn't get better by tomorrow, customer service might be contacted.

I would like to note that more information in the title would help, the wood, for instance would get more hits. Bowl, lathe, turned, hollow form, vase are all important search terms that might draw stray bidders in. Bigger pictures would help, I store mine off eBay so that I can control the size. More views, especially detail shots would improve interest for non woodturners/non AAW members.
I use their professional auction tool to create my listings... I have over 12000 individual positive feedbacks, with no negatives.
If you need help, I might be able to assist in the future.
Not to bid, but to seewhat can be done, take a look at my listings:
http://shop.ebay.com/BenchJeweler/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_sop=3&_rdc=1

Last edited:
I just came from ebay. If you type in the persons name ie. Molly Winton then the piece will come up. I had a problem with Bert Marsh's piece. I tried several ways and his never came up. Also, if you type in Art Leistman there are two pieces that come up and they are the same piece with bids on both. I suppose he won't mind making another for the auction.:D:rolleyes::D. I did contact Cindy to make them aware of the mistake.

Dale

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
I'll try again:

SORRY, I have no idea how I did that so badly:eek::eek:

There are 10 items listed with no apparent duplicates.
It's not too difficult to ship Internationally, and I'm pretty sure we can accurately vet potential buyers. If we're not set up for it fine, just a thought/suggestion.

Last edited:
Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Back