• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Aaw symposium lineup.

Kim Rymer

Communications & Marketing Director
AAW Staff
Not suggesting anyone break a laws by posting someone else’s copyrighted material Here. It’s hard for many demonstrators to make a living woodturning so please pay to see a demonstrator whenever possible.

Having said that… It is widely known by gamers that anything that can be seen can also be recorded. Windows 10 provides a free utility for doing this exact this. It’s called the Window’s Game Bar and can be brought up by click Windows key + g. Just know your computer must have a decent video capability (video card) for this to work. If the other bothers anyone’s conscience then only use Window’s Game Bar to capture only non-copyrighted material Like club meetings on zoom where demonstrators allow such recording.

@Kim Rymer, If there was a pay per view fee was charged fee, like Trent Bosch is doing, then those funds could be split with the demonstrator. This would help support AAW and the demonstrator. Some demonstrators (I.e. retired) might even offer up a demo without any cost sharing in order to help bring in some funds for AAW.
@Karl Loeblein
The Board has been discussing pay-per-view and a variety of options to improve offerings for all involved (members, demonstrators, AAW). :)

It would seem to me that you could place your camera etc. in front and the screen and record demo. Quality wouldn't be as good but your looking to have reference material. I tend to rewatch during allotted time and make notes.

Not suggesting anyone break a laws by posting someone else’s copyrighted material Here. It’s hard for many demonstrators to make a living woodturning so please pay to see a demonstrator whenever possible.

Having said that… It is widely known by gamers that anything that can be seen can also be recorded. Windows 10 provides a free utility for doing this exact this. It’s called the Window’s Game Bar and can be brought up by click Windows key + g. Just know your computer must have a decent video capability (video card) for this to work. If the other bothers anyone’s conscience then only use Window’s Game Bar to capture only non-copyrighted material Like club meetings on zoom where demonstrators allow such recording.

@Kim Rymer, If there was a pay per view fee was charged fee, like Trent Bosch is doing, then those funds could be split with the demonstrator. This would help support AAW and the demonstrator. Some demonstrators (I.e. retired) might even offer up a demo without any cost sharing in order to help bring in some funds for AAW.
I like that idea. I would have paid 20$ to watch two of the demos, but do not have the time to watch the whole thing by aug 9, in the busy summer. Nor did I desire to watch the whole thing.

I thought it was worth the price. The first session I watched was Trent Bosch and he spoiled me. Think he had like 4 cameras, an assistant to scan through the questions, and a couple other helpers in the background to help out. This was excellent! Not that the other presentations didn't have great content but the visuals of Trent's was best of all in my opinion.

Back