• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anthony Cody

Hello!
I am a retired teacher -- I worked in the public schools in Oakland, California, for about 24 years. Now I live outside of Olympia, Washington. I have been turning for about two years, and love working with locally grown woods. I have worked with maple, oak, walnut, apple, cherry and yew. I have also done some work with different inlay materials -- crushed stone and seashells. I started out with a used Jet 1236 that I picked up at a garage sale. I recently upgraded to a Laguna 1836 and have been enjoying the extra power and capacity.

Attachments

• IMG_2733.JPG
    IMG_2733.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    723.1 KB · Views: 25

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum! Congrats on the retirement and the lthe upgrade. That inlay work on your pieces is pretty cool!

Welcome Anthony. I live reasonably close, use a Laguna 2436 and the same local woods. My favorite inlay is crushed oyster shells which are found easily on our beaches.

Back