• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Any Oregon myrtlewood resources?

Recently discovered how much I love turning myrtlewood, and picked up some blanks in Reedsport. Bowls turned out fantastic!

If anyone on western Oregon has a resource they’re willing to share, or blanks/wood they want to sell, I’m taking a trip down this weekend and may be able to run you down.

Hoping this yields some options outside of retail, the last trip was expensive!

Let me know if this doesn’t belong here.

I usually get some logs in about end of February to first of March. Myrtle and Madrone. Hope my log guy is still in business. Last year, I couldn't get logs because all the loggers were out harvesting all the burn areas. If I get them, especially if you can come down, I can fix you up. He supplies all the turners that make the stuff for the myrtlewood shops.

robo hippy

I usually get some logs in about end of February to first of March. Myrtle and Madrone. Hope my log guy is still in business. Last year, I couldn't get logs because all the loggers were out harvesting all the burn areas. If I get them, especially if you can come down, I can fix you up. He supplies all the turners that make the stuff for the myrtlewood shops.

robo hippy
Reed for the win! I would totally come down. Play date and wood pickup.

Back