• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Board of Directors Election

I just voted in the Board of Directors election using the online voting system and I'd like to make two comments:
  • First, a big thank you to each of the six candidates. Serving on the board requires a lot of time and effort. It can be a thankless job. I greatly appreciate those who are not only willing to serve but also are willing to risk being voted down. Kudos, too, to the nominating committee for finding six quality candidates.
  • Second, a big thank you to our technology team. Once I found the link to the electronic ballot (it's right at the top of the member's only home page, duh), voting went very smoothly. The hardest part of voting was choosing among six compelling candidates. That's the way it should be.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
David,

Glad to know I was not the only one to struggle to find the voting link "hidden in plain site" at the top of the page in bold letters. My tunnel vison focused on searching the menu area on the left.

Serving on the board is definitely a contribution above and beyond.
Many members do take the time to thank our board members.

2012 has a great set of candidates. I have voted but feel confident that all six would be top quality board members. Thanks to each

Al

Don't forget to vote

Just voted for the candidates. If you people do not vote you can not complain so go and vote for the people that you feel is best for the position. If you do not know them and what they want to get accomplished as a board member, then e-mail them or call them on the phone and ask them.

This is YOUR organization and you need to know who you are voting for.

Good luck to all the candidates, you have your work cut out for you.

Clay

FYI: A change from last year

Just an FYI for those of you voting electronically: Once you've voted, you cannot go back and change your vote. (I checked and got a message that I'd already voted.)

This is as it should be, but it is a change from the last electronic vote where you could change your vote up until the vote closed. I'm posting this just in case someone might be expecting the prior system to still be in place.

Back