• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Bought an electric chainsaw

I have the Oregon cs1500. I’ll echo the other reviews in this thread. SS chain works great for crosscut. Not so great for ripping. I bought a “regular” chain from local Stihl dealer for ripping, and switch out chains when ripping. Only takes a moment. Saw has all the oomph it needs. I cut 36” oak logs and it never bogged down.

Picked up a Dewalt to do some trimming and pruning around the farm. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I bought a DeWalt Flexvolt -- I already have other DeWalt 60V tools and batteries -- mostly for pruning, but I've used it to process some ~18" green cherry logs into bowl blanks and was pretty impressed. It needs a nice sharp chain; I bought a pair of Oregon replacement chains for spares, which I'm pretty happy with so far. The oil reservoir leaks, but if you store the saw with the cap up, it's fine.
When I picked it up, the saw didn't cost a lot more than the included 9Ah battery would have if I'd bought it separately. I'm keeping my Stihl, but I'll probably be picking this one up first fairly often.

Is this the only case with the 60v FlexVolt? Have you heard of the 20V leaking?
I was only looking at reviews for the Flexvolt, which did mention the issue. I believe there was actually a sheet included with the saw mentioning that you should store it with the reservoir empty, so they must know about the issue.

I was only looking at reviews for the Flexvolt, which did mention the issue. I believe there was actually a sheet included with the saw mentioning that you should store it with the reservoir empty, so they must know about the issue.

I just checked the user manual of my saw and couldn't find any mention of it. Upon searching the Q&A and reviews on Home Depot it appears to have the same issue. I will start storing it with the cap upright or without any oil. Thanks for the tip!

my EGO saw leaks oil from the oil feed to the chain, have to store it with the cap down to not have leaks

Cap down? I just flipped mine so the cap was up...

Attachments

• 9C401C4C-C38D-49D6-986A-2574E3403D92_1_102_o.jpeg
    9C401C4C-C38D-49D6-986A-2574E3403D92_1_102_o.jpeg
    562.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 86B0C355-DDF7-4CC5-B87F-44AA93C9CDE8_1_102_o.jpeg
    86B0C355-DDF7-4CC5-B87F-44AA93C9CDE8_1_102_o.jpeg
    598.2 KB · Views: 15
Back