• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Can't Resist - Historic?

This appears to be the first time that there has not been a "sticky" at the top of the threadlist on this forum.

Just thought this small detail should not go unrecognized. :D :D

Website
www.woodturner.org
Man...I can't slip anything past you guys !! I'll post the next contest within a week. I have been spending my AAW time on project managing the AAW software project.

Mark Mandell said:
This appears to be the first time that there has not been a "sticky" at the top of the threadlist on this forum.

Just thought this small detail should not go unrecognized. :D :D

You might want to honor the historicity by posting ... a sticky about it.

Historical or Metaphysical

Now I think I understand how it feels to be either Oxymoronical or on the cusp of a space/time paradox.

["boop, boo, beep, boo, boop, boop, boo, beep, boo, boop"]

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
shows how non computer literate I am. I have no earthly idea what you guys are talking about. Sticky to me means going to the local theater and having your feet stick to the floor from spilled coke.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Computer Literacy

john lucas said:
shows how non computer literate I am. I have no earthly idea what you guys are talking about. Sticky to me means going to the local theater and having your feet stick to the floor from spilled coke.
"Sticky" is an instrument of torture used by computer geeks on those who are not computer literate.

Bill

Attachments

• wouff_hong.jpg
    wouff_hong.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 267
Yellow Card!!

We're talking about posts, and Bill jumps in with part of his collection of 18th Century colonoscopy tools!

Not Fair!

Website
www.woodturner.org
A "sticky post" in this forum (and others) means the thread of discussion is "stuck" to the top of the forum. I temporarily "stuck" the thread at the top and will post the upcoming contest rules up there shortly. Only the moderators (Steve and myself) can stick posts to the top.

Andy Hoyt said:
I play Sticky all the time with my dogs, but since the vast majority of you guys are cat lovers I don't think I'll mention this.

What? oh! nevermind

Hey, I like dogs; other people's dogs. Had two, which was one too many. My kid's dog is always welcome to visit (so long as he goes when she goes) :D

boehme said:
"Sticky" is an instrument of torture used by computer geeks on those who are not computer literate.

Bill
Now, now, Bill, don't you know a Wouff Hong when you see one? :)

Back