• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Chris Morris

Website
www.youtube.com
Hi guys,

My name is Chris Morris. I've recently taken up the hobby of wood turning.

I live in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia and turn wood on my Rikon 1218VS lathe in my basement workshop.

I am a professional pilot by day, and avid wood shaving maker at night. (Sometimes the opposite).

So far I enjoy making old rotten beat up logs in to works of art with a little epoxy and a lot of time.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

I videotape most of my pieces and post the videos online. For me it's as much about the process as the final product.

If you are interested you can see some of my work here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW_tPlZibRpzqBC2nXaf9JA

Thanks for looking!

IMG_20200218_103050_265.jpg

1582073459983-210.jpg

IMG_20200206_203643_821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

Flying and Wood Turning is very similar, hours of relaxing repetition mixed with moments of shear panic.

Back