• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Chris Music

Greetings all. Been reading/researching through this forum for a while now. Figured it was about time to make it official and join in the discussions.

I bought a Record Power Herald a few months back to sort of dip my toe back into wood turning, looking to establish a viable retirement hobby and possibly secondary income (retirement is a ways off for me). Loving the whole process. Finding wood, processing wood tuning finishing ETC.

Now that I've been bitten hard been thinking about upgrading to a "forever lathe". Figured it would be wise to do it now when I have some manner of main income to support said expenses.

Looking forward to contributing.

Back