• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Christmas Tree with colored pencils?

Website
insportsphoto.com
I’ve got significant memory issues and I’m hoping one of the members might be able to help. I’ve searched and searched but cannot find the article about turning a Christmas Tree and using colored pencils to represent the lights. I’m fairly certain it was in American Wood Turner but I can’t find it.

It’s a project I’d like to try but simply can’t find that darn article. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John Legg

Website
insportsphoto.com
Living with brain damage is no joke. My memory has HUGE gaps in it but, this is one mistake I can laugh at myself about. The article that I've spent the past three days searching for is not in American Woodturner. Turns out, it's in the December/Jan 2022 issue of Woodcraft Magazine, issue 104. I recalled reading the article while the wife was driving us to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. On the way, I had used her iPad to look at back issues of American Woodturner and thought for certain that's where I had seen it. Humbly, I found the magazine issue in the back of the car just a few minutes ago. Ugh!

I even called the AAW main line to ask for help searching for the article.

But life is too short to get mad at myself.

Thanks for reading and remember, don't EVER let anyone you know take the prescription drug Lyrica. It caused my brain damage and appears to be permanent.

Website
insportsphoto.com
Congrats with finding the article. Would you mind sharing a picture of the final product? I can't reallly wrap my brain around the concept.
Here's a screenshot of the digital magazine edition so you can get an idea.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 8.15.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 8.15.40 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
Back