• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dave Bell

D3D5FF88-F74B-4745-BC11-10540B868FBC.jpeg 1EFDE327-EC63-4406-B314-BAE5B251B224_1_201_a.jpeg 3ABF8660-B866-4BEB-B2BE-C646B5AF2E6D.jpeg Hello,

I've been an avid woodturner for over 40 years and counting. Raised in Elora, Ontario, Canada on a Dairy Farm. 4 awesome kids and a caring and understanding wife and Ms. Penny our German Shepard. Life choices have led me to a career in the Energy sector for Nuclear Power Generation. I hold a few certifications as a welder, millwright and an NDE Technician.

My inspiration in woodturning was founded by my Grandfather. My woodturning interests are bowls, hollow forms, platters, pens, boxes, pepper mills and segmented pieces to name a few. I like to embellish my pieces by means of wood burning, carving/piercing and inlays. My favourite part of working with wood it creating wood/resin pieces.

I've owned many lathes over the years and currently spend my time enjoying a Oneway 2436. I've been an AAW member for many years and have enjoyed the entire experience. I am a member of 3 woodturning guilds, a past president and currently the Vice President of the Waterloo Wellington Woodturners Guild. I have demonstrated locally within the province of Ontario for several years, taught woodturning at Lee Valley and teach within my workshop. In 2015 I was invited to the AAW Symposium in Pittsburgh as a demonstrator. I am a member of the local Elora Fergus Studio Tour (Secretary) and have my turnings in local galleries.

My professional career is winding down now and I am preparing for my retirement to the workshop. I look forward to being a forum member and hopefully making a small contribution to the group. Thanks for having me in the group.

Dave

Welcome. I retired in 2009. Took three days to adjust. You will find you will be so busy you will wonder when you found time to work.

Back