• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

David Buskell

This is more of a re-introduction as I joined back in 2011 and made 7 posts. It's fair to say I have ignored social media for a while!! I live in Croydon, Surrey just 10 miles or so South East of London, UK.My USP in turning is that I like to use unusual timbers such as Texas Ebony (USA) and Camel Thorn (Zimbabwe). I spin on a VB 36 lathe and have a Record DML 320 for demos and other small jobs. I took up woodturning as an antidote to a busy working life - sharp gauge, spinning wood, you tend to focus!
In my spare time I am also a music publisher, which following a comment made in the Social Media Panel at Louisville, spurred me on rejoining the Forum.
Picture in profile is me on the left , with Michael Reggio ( formerly of Central Oklahoma Woodturners) in my shop.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 17.38.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 17.38.10.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Back