• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dean DiFrango

Hi, my name is Dean DiFrango and although I’m not new to Woodturning, I am new to this forum. My daily job is working in construction, but my hobby has always been woodworking since I was a little kid. I belong to the Central Ohio Woodturners Association in Columbus Ohio, which is a great source of information and a good set of people to hang out with.
I’ll include a picture of my latest small bowl that I turned at the woodworker showing in Columbus Ohio or Club demonstrates there.

How do I know if I’m a forum member?

IMG_5496.jpegWWWIMG_5495.jpegWWWIMG_5493.jpeg

You've posted to the forum, so yes you are a member in the forum. Forum signup is a separate , optional activity for AAW membership, and, because of that separation, forums can also be joined by non-AAW members, and used by all - current, former, and non-AAW members.
Ah, OK that makes a little more sense why you have to jump through hoops. Thanks.

Welcome Dean from Springfield OH just west of you. You'll find answers for questions if you ask or search the forum. Lots of inspiration in the gallery

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Dean, It looks like you had two introduction threads so I merged them. To clarify who we are, the forum is separate from the AAW website. The forum is free of charge to all woodturners ... it isn't necessary to be an AAW member to be a forum member. Most newly joining members are not AAW members, but the AAW considers the forum a good recruiting tool. However, we don't keep a score of who is or isn't an AAW member ... everybody is equal. And for your personal information privacy, membership information isn't shared between the AAW and the forum, nor with any other websites for that matter. We carefully verify the identity of all joining members to keep out the bad guys (hackers, spammers, trolls, and other ne'er-do-well reprobates).

The forum marketplace is a place for established forum members to buy, sell, and trade their personal woodturning-related tools and machines. The requirement to become an established member is thirty days after joining and at least ten posts in the discussion forums. We do not allow commercial ads or personal ads that we determine to be a sideline business. Sales on behalf of another person are not allowed. Contact us to discuss special situations such as the estate sale of a forum member. We do not allow selling wood on the forum mainly because of local, state, and federal restrictions concerning the spread of plant pests and diseases (for example: emerald ash borer). Also, you're not allowed to sell your woodturnings on the forum. We have a special forum for collaborations and exchange of finished works.

You must be an established member to post in the off-topic forum.

The essence of our rules of behavior is quite simple: treat each other with respect, and no political or religious posts. Once in a blue moon, somebody might have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. Don't try to fix the situation, let the moderators know and we will decide the course of action.

Now, you know everything that I know about the forum.

Back