• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Don Pencil Woodturning Faceplates Wanted

Website
www.cutthroatwoodworks.com
Wanted: Don Pencil Woodturning Faceplates in 1-1/4x8 thread or 1-8 thread. The larger 1-1/4x8 thread is preferred. Please dust off your unused Don Pencil faceplates. If you have colored anodized aluminum faceplates that fit the description, but not Don Pencil’s ones, I may still be interested. You’re welcome to email Kershaw.scott@gmail.com or message me to coordinate via text message. Much obliged for your consideration.

Many thanks,
Scott

Website
Wanted: Don Pencil Woodturning Faceplates in 1-1/4x8 thread or 1-8 thread. The larger 1-1/4x8 thread is preferred. Please dust off your unused Don Pencil faceplates. If you have colored anodized aluminum faceplates that fit the description, but not Don Pencil’s ones, I may still be interested. You’re welcome to email Kershaw.scott@gmail.com or message me to coordinate via text message. Much obliged for your consideration.

Many thanks,
Scott
Bump. Please look through all those beautiful shops you’re posting and pull out your aluminum faceplates!

Website

Many thanks,
Scott
Giving this a bump. The post-Christmas funds aren't very plentiful but neither are the number of faceplates out there. If you are roaming around the shop and find something like this dusty and unused, please consider replying. For your reference, here's a photo of what you can search for in your shop:

01A462C1-F667-4180-AC17-FAAD9E543E86.jpeg

Website
I have a few like that. I know that some of them are Don Pencil, but how do you tell for certain? I believe that all of them are 1 X 8 size.
To be honest, Bill, I don’t know what’s Don Pencil or not. I was not aware that colored anodized aluminum faceplates were available from any maker other than Don Pencil. Based on my searching of this fine resource, I couldnt find an alternate manufacturer. I know EWT makes some now all in black. I do prefer the colored ones for my neuroses. If you’re interested in getting rid of them, I would be interested in discussing terms.

EWT also makes some in silver ...

Back