• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Down for maintenance

Bill,

Glad to hear that you made it through the surgery Bill. The title threw me off too so I finally got around to reading this thread because it kept popping back up.

My dad had a triple bypass almost 20 years ago, and he's been on a LOT of medications ever since. Something I'd like to avoid if at all possible. Would you mind sharing any lessons learned here (like getting an EKG done each year or making diet changes) when you feel up to it?

-Karl

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Bill, It's good to see your back. Have had a lot of people asking about you. Bill Collins put out a blast today.
Bob

Bob, I talked to James Hayynes and Don York and told them that I might not make the October meeting, but I'm not quite ready for the club to make me a platter although it would be nice to see and critique it. :D:D:D:D

Hey, Bill, glad you're on the other side of this. Been there done that, well a twofer anyway. The recovery is long so I'm glad to see you're in good spirits. I'll try not to make you laugh :).

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Hopefully, I will be going home today. It's been over a month since my heart surgery and I never imagined that I would be going through all of the complications that have kept me in the hospital. This getting old stuff ain't for sissies.

Wishing you all the best Bill. You're absolutely right about getting old. My son in law said, "I don't know what I'd do if I had to live in pain every day." I thought to myself, just wait.

Hopefully, I will be going home today. It's been over a month since my heart surgery and I never imagined that I would be going through all of the complications that have kept me in the hospital. This getting old stuff ain't for sissies.

It's good to hear you'll finally be headed home; I thought something was up with as long as you were in. It's been good to see you stayed active on the forum. I know when I was recovering from bypass I spent a lot more time being listless and staring than I did being productive.

Home sweet home!!!

Back