• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

For Sale: Woodfast MC908 Lathe - Greenwood, Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR SALE: Woodfast 908 lathe. I'm offering my WoodFast 908 long bed lathe for sale. But ONLY because I found a deal on a larger lathe that I couldn't pass up. I've had this lathe since late 90s. I am original owner purchased from Craft Supply USA and carefully cared for and maintained. It is my first "serious" lathe after retiring from navy. Only moderate use after navy and during second career. Finally fully retired. Bearings are smooth and quite - no vibration. Bedways are clean smooth and bright. No rust or imperfections. It does 16" turnings and was made in Australia. This has a single speed 1hp reversible motor (reversing switch installed) driving a 5 step pulley (some were 4 step) with driving speeds @ 370, 650, 1200, 2000, and 2700 RPMs. NOTE: This was the decision point for me. 16” is a very good turning size and bed center distance of 39” is accommodating. I could spend a few dollars and add variable speed DC to continue my passion, or do the bucket list and make the plunge, and upgrade to a Powermatic 4224b with all the bells and whistles (extensions, risers, outboard turning stand etc…) while the prices were still within reach. $7k total and 11 months for delivery - phew! Now, the dollar has really taken a hit and prices on anything new have soared even higher out of sight- glad I made the move. The lathe is mounted on a solid wood cabinet base (not the cast iron option). The solid cabinet base sits on removable wood blocks and is solid standing. You can modify block height to accommodate your preferred turning height. Casters are permanently installed under the cabinet so that if you need to move it, you remove the blocks, lower the cabinet onto casters and relocate the lathe - lift and replace blocks for steady turning. If necessary, you can always use sandbags for weight, but never have needed. It comes with original headstock wrenches, live tale center and drive center. Gooseneck lamp installed. New drive belt included. No other accessories included. It's a 1 1/4" x 8tpi spindle and #2MT in the head stock and tailstock. Tailstock is hollo for drilling or knock out. 16” swing x 39” length between centers. Weight is about 300 pounds. You'll need to bring some muscle to load it. It is located in my basement, 12 steps up via outside Bilko basement door. Clear access for vehicle around egress. I can provide little help - disabled veteran. $1500. Although my address is Greenwood DE, house is actually just outside (3 miles) Milford Delaware. This is located about halfway between Dover and Lewes DE. You can reach me thru private message here or by phone/text at. (Cell) 301-379-1654, or email croylecommon@comcast.net. If I don’t pick up on the call, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE. - I am plagued by offers for car warranty insurance and refinancing of my VA loan.

178A8442-CED4-4C43-9D7F-128DE26F676E.jpeg2125FCED-B152-4C22-895C-28A4CA8760FE.jpeg46C030CE-B2F5-491E-B760-5386C1884A82.jpeg65EED74F-43CD-4D23-ABE4-054512C26A62.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back