• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gary Norton

Website
www.lumberjocks.com
Thanks for adding me, I'm an old woodworking hobbyist and have done quite a bit of remodeling as my house is 1950's vintage. I had the Steel City mini lathe for quite a while it finally gave out, actually, it was quite bad but served me for quite a few years as it got little use. Mostly small stuff. This week I upgraded to the Laguna 12 16, and have only tried a few things on it but WOW. I'll post a couple of photos of my shop that is in the Basement and about 15' X 40'. Most of my tools are quite old but have served me well. Other than the Laguna my newest tool is the DeWalt scroll saw. The carving mallet was featured in the latest AAW issue and was a good starter project. If anyone is interested on my profile I provided a link to my Lumberjocks page and you can see some of my other projects. I'm looking forward to exploring turning now that I have something decent. Stay tuned no telling what is next.

Attachments

• Shop1_2021.jpg
    Shop1_2021.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Shop3.jpg
    Shop3.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Carving Mallet.jpg
    Carving Mallet.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 48
Back