• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Heading to SWAT

Website
www.woodnheart.com
Sandy and I will be hitching up the fifth wheel to Babe the Blue Ox Saturday and heading to Wichita Falls, TX. I will be making a couple of presentations on the alcohol drying process at the South West Association of Turners symposium. Hope to see a lot of old friends and make a few more.

We will be traveling I84 through OR into ID then picking up US 30 in Pocatello to I80 and on to Cheyenne, WY. Then head South on I25 through Colorado to Raton, NM and hang a left onto US87 to Dumas, TX. From there we will be traveling on US 287 to Wichita Falls, TX. Any intrepid souls along the way up to a short visit or cup of coffee? We will be checking email along the way and checking into the forums.

Dave Smith

Wood pickler from Longview, WA.

Max Taylor

In Memoriam
Lots of folks will be waiting for you Dave. My trip wont be quite as long, as I live in Ft. Worth Tx. about a hundred miles south. Hope to meet you there. Drive carefully. Lots of idiots out there with a couple hundred horses under the hood and want to show them off. Max

Website
www.woodnheart.com
Hey Max

Hi Max,

I guess that means you will be front and center for the first presentation. I got 300 horses of my own to help stay out of the harms way.

Dave Smith

Wandering turner based in Longview, WA.

Hi Dave,

Your route to SWAT is a little north of me. I'll be heading into W.F. for SWAT on highway 82.

BTW there is a bluegrass festival going on at the RV park on 3rd & Burnett that weekend. Paper reported over 2000 people attended last year.

Things will be hopping an'a turning in W.F.:D

Charlie M

Back