• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

How do I . . . . ?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com

Just to refresh everybody's memory since this is a long thread, the people asking questions, I am assuming, are just complying with my original post where I am asking for a list of How Do I (HDI) questions. So the questions in the replies are actually answers to my question. I have no doubt this explanation clears up any possible chance for confusion about what is going on. So, it isn't necessary to answer an answer. if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

Go here: https://woodturner.org/Woodturner/W...spx?hkey=a63056eb-a036-45f0-93b3-63a3204ea89a Scroll down just a tad and click the join now button - Probably want the individual membership

Although if you don't need the paper copy of American Woodturner (I love the high quality magazine!) you could get the digital membership next to it, you just won't have a paper copy of the magazine for bedtime /bathroom/ campsite reading...
Thank you so very much. I recognized the page, but somehow was previously unable to access the link. I’m assuming that I can initially choose the student access for digital access only to the magazine, then subsequently upgrade to the hard copy of the magazine when desired. Thanks again for the help.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
Thank you so very much. I recognized the page, but somehow was previously unable to access the link. I’m assuming that I can initially choose the student access for digital access only to the magazine, then subsequently upgrade to the hard copy of the magazine when desired. Thanks again for the help.
You may need to deal with glitches when you do go to upgrade, if you opt for the initial "free" trial membership... (I signed up initially on the Associate membership - sort of a trial - so I could read over the AW Magazine back issues - When I went to finally upgrade to full membership, I had to contact a support person by email and a little back and forth to get my payment to go through , and then had to wait through a few other glitches before they got my account fully straightened out... I Suspect I would have not had the problems I did if I had simply signed up to regular membership right off the bat...)

So TBH, If you think you are gonna go to a full regular membership in the future, I'd recommend to be like Nike - Just Do It. Much simpler that way.

Back