• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jack Dohallow

I last wrote about how long I had been on here but complained that now I was being limited on what and where I could post, after being a member of AAW for 16 years, so maybe its time to reintroduce myself

I first fell in love with wood turning in high school in Ohio, then life got in the way, not having enough time to play. Returning to woodturning hot and heavy in 2000, and has been working the wood lathe since. In 2003 I had the opportunity to work as a production wood turner on the Oregon Coast, honing skills daily.

In 2007 I met a local group of woodturners and learned of AAW, best thing I ever did was join AAW and go to Portland 2007, I took a few of my offset turnings to show Barbra Dill, and met, had dinner with Trent Bosh, and over the years have paid attention to him and looked up to his works. Its so great to see the kids grow up!

A year or 2 later I met Graeme Priddle, and have tried to keep in touch with him over the years asking questions and continuing to learn

I now focus on one-of-a-kind pieces. Traveling over the years to multiple National Wood Turning Symposiums has also helped hone techniques and inspire, as I continue to learn, grow and develop, creating lots of sawdust.

Be ALERT
The world needs more LERTsIMG_1525.JPGIMG_1410.JPGIMG_0755.JPGENTRY-506-Dohallow.jpg

Jack Dohallow

Hi Bryan, Still getting club emails, good luck with the library exhibit.

I should also give a shout out to Nor-Cal Woodturners, and Oregon Coast woodturners for help over the years!

THANKS!!!

have a great day out there.

JD

Thank you Rick,

One of the things I love about the woodturning community is the willingness to share ideas and techniques.

Now that I am retired in AZ, with not enough days in the afternoon, I love exploring the possibilities of woodturning.

My current club is Arizona Woodturners Association, Probably should have mentioned that in 1st paragraph.

JD

Back