• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jeff Grantham

Website
www.jeffgrantham.com
Hi all,
My name is Jeff Grantham. I live in New Hampshire, with my wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and father who's living in an inlaw apartment with us. By day, I do Digital Marketing for a well-known tech company, but if I thought I could make ends meet by doing woodturning instead, I'd quit it and do that in a heartbeat :)

I've been turning for around 3 years now. I always thought I might pick it up as a hobby upon retiring, but then I was gifted a small harbor freight lathe as a birthday present, and I instantly fell right into the vortex, and have been there ever since. And I'm glad to have not waited until retiring! I'm just turning 50 this year and so I hope to have alot of good turning years ahead of me yet. Recently I joined the Seacoast and Granite State turners clubs here in NH, and am just finding myself wanting to get more involved with other turners and share the passion, so I thought I should go ahead and introduce myself here and start getting involved.

As far as turning is concerned, my primary interests are lidded boxes, bowls, platters, hollow forms, vases, and sometimes utilitarian kitchen items. Recently I have been playing around alot more with different surface decorations (burning/branding, carving, coloring, scorching, etc). I was fortunate to be able to take a couple of classes over the past year, and that has helped tremendously. I'm *hoping* that next year I will get to the Symposium in Raleigh.

Here is a pic of me in the shop, along with a few of the pieces I've done recently. Looking forward to getting to know more of you. Thanks for having me!

MeInShop.jpg
IMG_1448.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1764.JPG IMG_1659.JPG

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome
You are doing real nice work.
I appreciate where you are wanting to turn full time.
I got to take some classes and got in about 10 years as a decent turner before retiring.
I took an early out in 2001 to do turning full time(3/4 time actually).
Spent about 5 years turning and teaching and sort of retired from that during the recession.
Still do lots of demos and a piece or two a month.

Welcome JD to the forum. Very nice work indeed and look forward to more gallery posts. Yes, turning is very addictive!!:D

Back