• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ronald Campbell for "Guardian Penguin" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 10, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jet 220 Dust collector $300

I have this 2hp Jet dust collector for sale. Works great, missing the band clamp that holds the collection bag on. Pickup only in Portland Or. IMG_0999.jpeg

A majority of currently built dust collectors rotate clockwise facing the intake. Yours rotates counter clockwise. In itself, makes no difference in performance. More important in yours is the amount of high off center position of the impeller. This results in a higher static pressure as the air moves through the tighter gap at the top then expands towards the bigger gap at the discharge. This blower will move more air than similar designs with a more centered impeller. It should work quite nicely for whoever gets it.

A majority of currently built dust collectors rotate clockwise facing the intake. Yours rotates counter clockwise. In itself, makes no difference in performance. More important in yours is the amount of high off center position of the impeller. This results in a higher static pressure as the air moves through the tighter gap at the top then expands towards the bigger gap at the discharge. This blower will move more air than similar designs with a more centered impeller. It should work quite nicely for whoever gets it.
Ah interesting! It definitely does pull pretty hard compared to the other jet dust collectors I have

Ah interesting! It definitely does pull pretty hard compared to the other jet dust collectors I have
What he said. I sadly would find a home for it, as my CNC mill arrives next week, but I'm in AZ and it's too far away to make it financially responsible.

I personally like collecting the steel blue generation of jet tools. For less than your dust collector I picked up a 3hp table saw in the same color. I think it's mid 90s and earlier. All I added was a switch and power cord.

I have that DC and it is very strong. I converted it to a cyclone bought from eBay years ago. Does a great job. Cost was around $600 for the DC, cyclone, relay, and remote. Works as well as any bought cyclone system.

IMG_1978.jpeg

Back