• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jim Byrne

Hi all,
I am new to woodturning and just ordered Jet 1440vs. I joined AAW two days ago and have been going through the forums and vidios on the AAW site as well as a couple of others. The nearest chapter that I can find is in Las Vegas (100) miles away). If any members are closer and wouldn't mind me visiting, asking questions & advice and seeing how you operate and set up, I would like to hear from you.
I live in Kingman, Arizona and wouldn't mind driving to Bullhead City or Lake Havasu (the two closest towns).

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome to the forum.
A lot of AAW members never visit the forum
So connecting with other woodturners is better din through local chapters and using the AAW directory.
I gave you some tips on searching in the other thread.

Hi all,
I am new to woodturning and just ordered Jet 1440vs. I joined AAW two days ago and have been going through the forums and vidios on the AAW site as well as a couple of others. The nearest chapter that I can find is in Las Vegas (100) miles away). If any members are closer and wouldn't mind me visiting, asking questions & advice and seeing how you operate and set up, I would like to hear from you.
I live in Kingman, Arizona and wouldn't mind driving to Bullhead City or Lake Havasu (the two closest towns).
Welcome.
I can't help you with finding other turners in Az., but I can tell you from experience that its well worth doing. Working along side an experienced turner with greatly speed up your learning curve.

Back