• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

John Ames

Intro: I’ve been turning for a while (15years or so) and have recently thought of starting to sell pieces on a more formal basis. I turn any kind of wood I can get ahold of, most of which is what other turners would probably throw away. I like the challenge of crummy wood and haven’t been hit in the face by flying chunks for many years.

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 12
Website
www.rickurbanwoodturner.com
Welcome John. I must admire your tenacity in still liking to turn s***** wood after 15 years.

I am a great fan of the late John Jordan, but regrettably, I did not take his advice when I first saw him c. 2006. Now, after turning a little over 20 years, I take his advice.

That said, you keep turning what you enjoy turning. It looks like you do a pretty nice job of it.

Back