• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Joining AAW

I plan on attending a chapter meeting next Tuesday in Dalton, GA. Can I join at the meeting or do I need to go through all the hoops on the AAW website? Looking forward to joining.

normally, the local chapters have dues and the AAW has dues, you can be a member of the local club without being a AAW member unless it is a star chapter, or you could be a AAW member without joining the local club, or you could be member of both, which is imo the best

enjoy your experience

No real hoops John. Name, address, phone and email with payment and your in like flynn as they say. Great organization and journal to boot. As Charlie said "enjoy the experience". Local clubs are great as well.

I plan on attending a chapter meeting next Tuesday in Dalton, GA. Can I join at the meeting or do I need to go through all the hoops on the AAW website? Looking forward to joining.

OR, you can simply call the office in Saint Paul on Monday. They'll be glad to personally take your information and cc payment.

651-484-9094

toll free 877-595-9094

Betty Scarpino, editor, AW

Back