• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Josh Bytendorp

I got started turning when I was in Jr. High mostly turning small pieces, such as top, pens, and small bowls. I have been in love with turning since. I did a few small pieces in high school but not as much as I would have liked. 15+ years later and after years of talking about it, I got home from a long deployment to a lathe waiting in my garage as a present from a wonderful wife. I have mostly been teaching myself off what I remember from Jr. High training and a few videos from youtube. Always looking for advice on how to get better.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I got started turning when I was in Jr. High mostly turning small pieces, such as top, pens, and small bowls. I have been in love with turning since. I did a few small pieces in high school but not as much as I would have liked. 15+ years later and after years of talking about it, I got home from a long deployment to a lathe waiting in my garage as a present from a wonderful wife. I have mostly been teaching myself off what I remember from Jr. High training and a few videos from youtube. Always looking for advice on how to get better.
Welcome to the forum. I highly recommend you find and join a woodturning club in your area. ANd of course, we are here for any questions that you might have. Thank you for your service. Aloha

Welcome. Joining AAW and a local club is well worth the investment. You will find the forum members are most willing to share their experience and expertise.

Back