• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Just to show ya I can turn on a lathe. PIC

Website
www.beautifulwood.net
Greetings.

I'm "really" new here, but not new to turning or woodworking. Just wanted to post a pic of a turning I done a while back. Spalted Curly Maple.

13-1/2" across by 4" deep and finished with Tung Oil and buffed.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• curlyspalted_maple_1807.jpg
    curlyspalted_maple_1807.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 553
  • curlyspalted_maple_1810.jpg
    curlyspalted_maple_1810.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 547

Max Taylor

In Memoriam
curly maple bowl

Hey, hey, looks like we got another spinner. Nice bowl.Come in, set a spell.Friendly folks here.As soon as I learn to post pictures. I will show some of my work, but till then---

Website
www.beautifulwood.net
Howdy Dustpan.!!!

Glad to meet ya and thanks for the welcome.!!! :D

I've been to a couple of woodworking BBQ's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area at the shop of Steve Jenkins. I frequent Woodcentral and assist in moderating Sawmill Creek. I just joined the AAW and haven't received my first mailing of the magazine yet. I've been turning off and on now for about 4 years and I'm "hooked on turning". :cool2: I have a Powermatic 3520A lathe as a result of buying, using, upgrading, selling, buying, using, upgrading...well, you get the idea. :rolleyes:
Now I'm totally happy with the lathe I have now and am trying to finish up some "flatwork" so I can get back to my preferred world of "round". :D

Nice bowl really cool; I like the grain. Welcome to the AAW forum... you are over on SMC aren't you???

Smc

what does SMC stand for????????? i looked it up and i know it can not be sunday morning cartoons??????? curious that i am missing a board

It means Saw Mill Creek... I don't know if it is in line to post other forum links on this forum so I won't, but it is really a good forum. I just recognized wdspinner by his signature line!!!

Jonathon.C said:
It means Saw Mill Creek... I don't know if it is in line to post other forum links on this forum so I won't, but it is really a good forum. I just recognized wdspinner by his signature line!!!

I recognized him by the Arky accent!
John Shuk ;)

Back