• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Keep Jet 1642 -2HP or buy Powermatic 3520B

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Come to think of it, I did rationalize today. I talked Mrs. B into having brunch at a place which is just a couple doors down from the new Rockler Hardware location. I suggested a table next to the window where we could see the new RH and while we were eating and, . . . . .

I said, "I believe that I just saw xxxxx (fellow club member and great friend) go into RH".
She: "Well, don't you think that we ought to go say hi to him?"
Mr. Rationalization: "Of course, we should. And, you might even see something that we need while we are there."

A little thing like the remnants of tropical storm Bill wasn't going to interfere with visiting a good friend. The old location of RH was close to home and the new location is almost within walking distance. This could be bad (in a good way, with the right rationalization). I guess that our good old friend must have left by the back way since we didn't see him there.

I rest my case. Or rather, mr. Golblum does. :D

That would be RH, rationalization hardware?

Back