• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kelly Roach

hello everyone. I have been turning since the bug bit in high school shop class. I then became a shop teacher and hopefully have been passing down the interest for 30 years. :) I Retired in June. Have been a member of AAW as educator for about 5 years, attended AAW Conference in Atlanta 2 years ago. And a week long course with Trent Bosch at Arrowmont in June which was fantastic except it has made me want a bigger EVS lathe badly..
If anyone in the northwest US or western Canada (I live in southern Alberta, Canada) knows of any good deals on a used quality machine please Let me know! Our crappy canadian dollar makes a new one almost impossible right now as a retiree. I am currently turning on a very old retired school Rockwell delta. It is a faithful solid old girl though..
So hello to you all !
Sorry I called the thread introduction instead of my name.. tried to change it but won’t let me

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Kelly. It's really great to have someone with your long experience level here. I've taken classes from Trent a couple times. He really is a great teacher and an innovative woodturner.

Sorry I called the thread introduction instead of my name.. tried to change it but won’t let me

Not a problem ... I know the magic words to change the title to your name. :D

Back