• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lloyd Marsden

Good Afternoon, This is my first post, as suggested by the moderators, to introduce myself. I have been doing woodworking of several kinds for some 50 years. It started with making furniture for our house after my wife Diane and I were married 48 years ago. We had nothing, so I could build a whole houseful of furniture eventually. Some of the furniture projects included turned legs which I first asked my Dad to do since I didn't have a lathe yet. He gave me an AMT tube bed lathe in time for me to turn all the ballisters and spindles for the house we now live in. I got pretty good at duplicating after 60 spindles. After a week long turning course at Craft Supplies in Provo I upgraded from a Woodtek lathe to the present Vicmarc 300. I built the stand and the drive for the bare lathe. In the mid-80's I started building guitars and still play the first one from 1983. I am currently working on my 10th guitar and just finished the 4th ukelele. After a second turning course at Craft Supplies (I am a slow learner) I started turning more art oriented objects from miniature spindles and vessels to 24" diameter bowls, the largest I can swing. The wagon was built from a few pieces of rotten wood and some of the existing iron pieces. The Vicmarc lathe was extended to 61" bed to accommodate turning the wagon axles. Look for an article in Woodturner magazine about making the rolling pins with the contrasting weave.

0 Double Weave.jpg

Hay Rack Sign.jpg
20171115_143822.jpg

Back