• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Looking for a powermatic 3520, 3520A spindle locking collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can purchase a spindle lock collar for a 3520 or 3520A. I know that powermatic replaced a lot of the original cast ones with machined steel ones.

Years ago I searched and searched, found listings but none in stock. I bought a "shaft coupler" and made one. Not in a position to take pics, and the ones I did take died with my old computer. (back-up back-up back-up...) As I remember, the set screw was in the wrong place so I had to cut a little off the end, then cut off the piece I needed, then drilled two 5/8" holes because I had no easy way to cut slots and I thought holes would be stronger. Can't remember it being that difficult, but it was a while back...
Here is a link to a picture of a coupler
https://thebigbearingstore.com/1-3-8-shaft-coupler-with-keyway/

I was shocked when I asked Powermatic tech support about the availability of a part and the tech had me hold while he looked it up on Toolpartspro.com.

My 3520A manual says your part is 3520b-264 and Tool Parts Pro has one for just under $53. https://toolpartspro.com/powermatic...001-parts/powermatic-3520b-264-locking-collar

My apologies, I looked at the wrong diagram on my computer and gave you the 3520B part number. The part for a 3520a is #3097007 and tool parts pro does not have it available. Sorry.

Last edited:
I was shocked when I asked Powermatic tech support about the availability of a part and the tech had me hold while he looked it up on Toolpartspro.com.

My 3520A manual says your part is 3520b-264 and Tool Parts Pro has one for just under $53. https://toolpartspro.com/powermatic...001-parts/powermatic-3520b-264-locking-collar

My apologies, I looked at the wrong diagram on my computer and gave you the 3520B part number. The part for a 3520a is #3097007 and tool parts pro does not have it available. Sorry.
Thanks for trying!

Years ago I searched and searched, found listings but none in stock. I bought a "shaft coupler" and made one. Not in a position to take pics, and the ones I did take died with my old computer. (back-up back-up back-up...) As I remember, the set screw was in the wrong place so I had to cut a little off the end, then cut off the piece I needed, then drilled two 5/8" holes because I had no easy way to cut slots and I thought holes would be stronger. Can't remember it being that difficult, but it was a while back...
Here is a link to a picture of a coupler
https://thebigbearingstore.com/1-3-8-shaft-coupler-with-keyway/
It’s starting to look like that’s a good option! Thanks

About the time I was looking, two of the guys in our club were also on the same quest. A few guys here or on another forum were also looking with no joy...
One guy sold his lathe, the other guy had a machinist friend who said he would make them for us. Cost me 45 bucks, when he delivered, it was made out of aluminum !?! Never installed it, didn't want to spend the time and effort on aluminum. In my search I found the couplers and said "Bingo"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back