• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

looking to visit club near Hilton Head, SC

Hey folks. I'm going on vacation for a week coming up the third week of May on Hilton Head Island, SC and would love to visit some turners or a local club there and maybe exchange some blanks.

There are three AAW chapters in that neighborhood. One (or more) is in Georgia, and one (or more) is in South Carolina. See https://www.woodturner.org/ and select "Find a Local Chapter" from the menu. Some of the results may include a map, or Google Maps can assist in filtering - Zip Code should be sufficient.

Would love visit

Would love to have a visit. I'm in old Bluffton ,just off HHI. Give me a call if you wish. I'm in AAW directory.
The local Chapter is located at Sun City and Len Christ is president. He too is in directory.Peter Lamb

On the island now. Got in last night and took a late walk on the beach. I've been here before but never really payed attention to the trees--lots of oaks I'm not familiar with--live oak I think, and maybe laurel oak. It seemed like on the way down here everything on the sides of the road was either SYP or sweet gum. Lots of sweet gum. I'm not into turning pine or palm wood! Beautiful scenery and climate regardless. I plan on catching up with Peter tomorrow, and using the aaw directory to call some other turners. Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

On the island now. Got in last night and took a late walk on the beach. I've been here before but never really payed attention to the trees--lots of oaks I'm not familiar with--live oak I think, and maybe laurel oak. It seemed like on the way down here everything on the sides of the road was either SYP or sweet gum. Lots of sweet gum. I'm not into turning pine or palm wood! Beautiful scenery and climate regardless. I plan on catching up with Peter tomorrow, and using the aaw directory to call some other turners. Thanks for the suggestions, folks.
I’m Alan Hulva a Woodturner from Edmond,OK. I’d love to get together with a Woodturner on Hilton Head or Bluffton. Any help. 4058186736

Back