• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

My latest Beads of Courage Box

Looks like a great idea but is the BOC still in operation? I have several that I would like to donate along with others in my club.
Not trying to highjack the thread but this may be a good time to see if there is any activity on the BOC.

21004BOC1.JPG

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Really neat box, Don. What did you use for the dripping 'hunny'? Colored epoxy, hot melt glue? I don't imagine yellow glue or a wax would work or last very long. Just curious. Thanks.

BOC is a national organization. You can send bowls to them for distribution. However there are sometimes programs at a local level not on the national list. We have established a relationship with local children's hospital and donate direct to them but let national know how many we donate annually.
Beads of Courage

Really neat box, Don. What did you use for the dripping 'hunny'? Colored epoxy, hot melt glue? I don't imagine yellow glue or a wax would work or last very long. Just curious. Thanks.
Thank You. Amazing Quick Coat epoxy colored with yellow alcohol ink and a yellow epoxy pigment.

BOC is a national organization. You can send bowls to them for distribution. However there are sometimes programs at a local level not on the national list. We have established a relationship with local children's hospital and donate direct to them but let national know how many we donate annually.
Beads of Courage
I knew that :p Our former president who unfortunately is no longer with us would spend a few weeks in Arizona during the winter and would deliver the boxes to the main office. The cost to ship them can get a little out or hand, but since the majority of our members are retired there maybe would be someone else driving there this winter.

Back