• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need Electricity

I bought this 4’ plug strip at HF. I also bought two good magnets. All the power I need
I have 2 of these, one on the side of my workbench and one on the wall behind the bench I use for computer repairs and my laser engraver. Your right they are great. Have used them for several years without a problem. I do not need that many on my lathe but I think I will steal your idea of the magnets and make a smaller one for my lathe
Thanks,
Pat

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
The power strips are great.
Another useful item is an extension cord with outlets spaced at intervals.
These are sold this time of year for Christmas lights. Look for a heavy duty one about 10 feet in length with the receptacles space about 24-30” apart.

I use one to plug in the vacuum pump on a wheeled cart, lathe light stand, and floor fan.

The outlet spacing along the cord services the devices without having cords all over the place.

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
I bought this 4’ plug strip at HF. I also bought two good magnets. All the power I need
I don't think that is a good place for the power strip. I would always be bumping and rubbing into anything plugged in there with the possibility of bending and/or breaking cords and plugs. Could be a safety hazard. And of course, the possibility of dripping finish, CA glue, etc.
Your lathe looks like it has never been used! :D;)

I don't think that is a good place for the power strip. I would always be bumping and rubbing into anything plugged in there with the possibility of bending and/or breaking cords and plugs. Could be a safety hazard. And of course, the possibility of dripping finish, CA glue, etc.
Your lathe looks like it has never been used! :D;)
I do like to keep it clean.
The strip is on the back side.

Back