• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Landers for "Simple Goblet" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 17, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New to turning

I am new to turning and I have been looking at a used lathe, Nova DVR XP Seams to have lots of extra parts (legs, bed extension, extra tool rest plus a lot more) is $1500 a fair price?IMG_2935.jpeg

If everything works! It’s a great price. I have had a DVR XP going on 20 years and have had very few problems.
Go to the Nova Teknatool site a find the owners manual.

Go up to the right corner and use the advanced search feature, Type in Nova dvr xp. There's lots of threads about them. I don't know if its a good deal or not. Probably depends on what comes with it. Welcome from Butler.

It's not just the price of the lathe, but also the value of the extras.

You mentioned the bed extension, isthat attached directly, or with the optional hinge? Outrigger tool rest? Steel legs or cast iron? Any accessories?

It's not just the price of the lathe, but also the value of the extras.

You mentioned the bed extension, isthat attached directly, or with the optional hinge? Outrigger tool rest? Steel legs or cast iron? Any accessories?

Has optional hinge bed extension, outrigger tool rest, cast iron legs and lots off extras

Attachments

• IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 31
It has the outrigger tool rest, the bed extension and the hinge for the extension*. Those are valuable extras. If it runs, etc., I'd say that was a pretty good price. If I were selling my similarly equiped 1624, I would be asking more.

*Allows you to slide the TS on to the extension then swing the TS out of the way.

Back