• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nova ornamental lathe attachment

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Anybody have an idea what one of those is worth on the used market. I may be able to get my hands on one.

seems maybe 10 years ago they said you could build one for $350 ???if this is professional build maybe more.....u know already put together is some.....ssome.....say $600.........just a guess

I looked the JaHo up and they stopped making it in 2021. I already had the cross slide vise . Ordered the rotating mill table and boring head. Will set up when my convalesce from Knee replacement is better. Yes an old post but I could not find the original which stirred my interest lately.

I don't see anything in the second video that Don linked to that can't be purchased from any of the dealers in 3rd world machinist tooling.

The demonstrator in that video didn't show how the setup could be used to make bowls, both the interior and exterior of bowls. To me that would be an important use for the setup. The attached picture shows the method. Of course it isn't "woodturning" though.

hemi turner-SharpenAI-Motion-DeNoiseAI-standard.jpg

Back