• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway 2436 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
For Sale: Well-used and loved Oneway 2436 Wood Lathe. 3hp motor.

Comes with knock-out bar; Gary Sanders Light Stand that attaches to lathe; 17” extension on inboard side; outboard extension/table that allows 4’ swing. Outboard comes with large banjo, and three tool rests (large straight, curved tool rest for exterior and curved tool rest for interior bowls); riser block for outboard bed to allow you to use tailstock to secure work outboard, and alignment kit for riser block. 6” and 14” toolrests; Oneway Vacuum chuck adaptor; home-made steady rest for large hollow forms. Lathe has been fitted with the new adjustable legs. Three items included in this package are no longer available/made by Oneway: the riser block for the outboard table (visible in photos 3 and 4), and the two curved tool rests for outboard turning (1 1/2” tool posts).

Asking $5,500. Located in Derry, NH. Easy access to the lathe, located on first floor of my studio, and truck/trailer can drive right to double-opening french doors. Pick-up only, cannot ship. Email Donnabanfieldturns@gmail.com

Attachments

• Front full.jpg
    Front full.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Full alternate view.jpg
    Full alternate view.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Outboard other side.jpg
    Outboard other side.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Outboard.jpg
    Outboard.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Steady Rest.jpg
    Steady Rest.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 195

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
Donna I am curious if you are up-grading, and what lathe that would be...?
I am moving to the Robust American Beauty. Last year I was having severe back issues, and an MRI disclosed a herniated disc, nerve impingement, and that was on top of arthritis. Most of the work I'm doing are end-grain vessels and they take long to hollow out than a side grain bowl. Too much time spent bending over the lathe bed, with my hips rotated. When I taught at Arrowmont last November, I had the opportunity to use the AB, and the sliding headstock and gas assist tilt-away tailstock made it possible for me to go the entire week without needing my cane to get to the wood studio.

Brent English didn't need a crystal ball to see that a whole bunch of woodturners are getting a lot older, but we still want/need to continue working on the lathe.

Donna -
You nailed all the reasons I have the AB - with no slight to the Oneway. I have what one surgeon described as "an illustrious career in orthopedics - as a patient...":D, so I can sympathize with your decision.
Our club ( Carolina Mountain Woodturners ) has the 2436 as the lathe for our demonstrators and it is a fine machine. And I have several friends that love their Oneway lathes. I am certain someone will be coming for your Oneway with cash in hand soon.
T

Donna - I just bought a 2436 and love it. The trick to moving it is to rent a "motorcycle trailer" from U-Haul. It is narrower than a standard trailer. That plus a rented engine hoist makes it an easy job. We didn't even have to remove the headstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back