• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway easy-core posts for 20" lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
These are the posts that hold the coring jig in position Parts 3166-20 and 3192-20 (for a 20" lathe) Only the two posts you see here. Useful if you find a used Easy Core that's the wrong size for your lathe or have acquired a new lathe of a different size

$35 plus $15 postage to lower 48.

IMG_2003 (1).jpeg

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Curious as to why you say $15 postage to lower 48? I'm guessing you are thinking they will fit in a medium flat rate box. That box goes to all 50 states in the USA. And yes, I'm in Hawaii and we are the 50th state. It also goes to Puerto Rico and USA army bases all over the world. A pet peeve of mine when I see this... You might lose a sale by not shipping to all States.

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
Curious as to why you say $15 postage to lower 48? I'm guessing you are thinking they will fit in a medium flat rate box. That box goes to all 50 states in the USA. And yes, I'm in Hawaii and we are the 50th state. It also goes to Puerto Rico and USA army bases all over the world. A pet peeve of mine when I see this... You might lose a sale by not shipping to all States.

Far be it from me to slight one of our most delightful states! I was just trying to make things a bit easier by quoting a flat rate (so I didn't have to respond to multiple "how much to ship?" emails) and assuming I'd absorb any difference when actual shipping time came. I'm happy to ship anywhere, and should have made that clear. I typically use Fedex so wasn't thinking in terms of flat rate boxes-- Fedex would be $52 to HI, vs $14-18 in the lower 48, and I didn't want to volunteer for that. A flat rate box would be a much better choice in this situation, though most of the time they are more expensive than parcel post or Fedex.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Far be it from me to slight one of our most delightful states! I was just trying to make things a bit easier by quoting a flat rate (so I didn't have to respond to multiple "how much to ship?" emails) and assuming I'd absorb any difference when actual shipping time came. I'm happy to ship anywhere, and should have made that clear. I typically use Fedex so wasn't thinking in terms of flat rate boxes-- Fedex would be $52 to HI, vs $14-18 in the lower 48, and I didn't want to volunteer for that. A flat rate box would be a much better choice in this situation, though most of the time they are more expensive than parcel post or Fedex.
See?? I helped you sell it!! LOL. ALoha, stay safe. We will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back