• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Opinions Requested

I am looking to buy a Cabinet Table Saw, I have checked out a few on-line and am favoring the 10" G1023SLW by Grizzly. It seems like a good deal.
Does anyone on this forum have any experiance with this saw or any other Grizzly product.
Good and bad comments would be a big help
Thanks for any help
Nigel

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
Nigel, about the only Grizzly I would try to talk people out of buying, is their lathes (odd head-stock sizes, too hi a low speed, too lo a high speed, etc). I own both a contractor grade TS and a BS from them, and would buy them again.

I have a Grizzly BS. Customer service is first rate. There was shipping damage, and they immediately sent me the replacement parts. Whenever I have called them or emailed they have been friendly and helpful. Don't know how that particularly TS is. There are some other general woodworking forums that may have users as well.

Do you have a particular turning related use? Segmented turning? inside/out turning?

I have this saw and have been well pleased with it. I've had it about 5 years and have had no problems with it

Grizzly Tools

I purchased the Grizzly G0462 Lathe in September, and have had no problems with it. Yes the Variable Speed is stepped (Reeves Drive), The combination of minimum speed and outboard turning capabilities leaves one to scratch their head, but all in all the lathe I received for the price that I paid, I feel, was a bargain, and will do everything I want it to do until I decide to get the Oneway 2436 Lathe at some point in the distant future...

The Grizzly folks were easy and pleasant to work with. The Shipping company helped me unload it at my house(which you normally have to pay extra for in my neck of the woods) And in my situation, I ordered a second Chuck from them with a set of Pin Jaws, however the Pin Jaws didn't fit that specific model of Chuck - thus, they refunded it and paid the shipping on it without question.

I also own 2 Grizzly Chucks that I have not had any problems with other than dropping it on my fingers when I get in a hurry.

I will most likely purchase more products from them in the future.

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who replyed to my request. It would seem that Grizzly products are ok and they are a good company to deal with.
Your comments have helped me make my mind up, I will order my new Grizzly saw in a few days.
Once again Thank you all.
Nigel

Let us know if your saw looks as good in person as it does in the catalog photos.

Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
Not impressed

Nigel,

I helped a good friend assemble and tune his new Grizzly tablesaw. In a nutshell, I was not impressed. I have an older Powermatic 66 and would pick it over the Grizzly every time. I would expect a new Powermatic to be even better. My son purchased a Delta Unisaw in the same timeframe and I think it is also a better saw. Since this was a couple of years ago I cannot remember details. I think it had to do with setting the stops for 90 and 45 degrees. Grizzly would be well down the list if I were replacing a tablesaw. (I just replaced and decided to upgrade my Stihl chainsaw yesterday and the wallet hurts, but I feel like Tim the Toolman at the moment, Harrrruuummmm!))

Back