• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

OVWG Symposium

My most favorite symposium and have been going since 2005. For me a can't miss event, paid and ready!

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
@Michael Anderson I know you are closer, it would be great to meet you and see your work
There’s a small chance I might actually be able to make it :)

I was originally going to be out of town, but those plans got moved up two weeks sooner. I think I’m free now, but I have to check the schedule. I’ve always heard good things about this symposium, and it only occurs every two years. Would be a shame to have to wait, and it would be good motivation to finish a few projects.

That would be awesome to meet you as well!

Website
www.ovwg.org
Me and my brother had an incredible time at Turning 2023! We met a lot of members and pro turners who we have been following for years. We had lunch with Roberto Ferrer, met Helen Bailey and I got to be her Demo Assistant. Also met Tom Hale, Brent from Robust Robert Hendrickson and Bill Blasic from this Forum. Also has a blast at the Instant Gallery and got a lot of kind words and encouragement for my lidded boxes and my brother for his basket illusions. And to top it off, Nick Cook, AAW founder and production woodturning professional, bought my Masur Birch Round Edge Box at the auction for his collection to raise money for the OVWG!!!:D In total we raised $540 for just our pieces to fund the Learning Center expenses!!

Last edited:
Back