• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Paul D May

Hi All,
A short bio on me. I have had an active shop for some 30 years as a hobby builder of custom furniture making anything from cabinets to full bedroom suites. My day job was as an organic chemist. I have always had a free standing shop of some sort up until two years ago when I retired. We sold our house, downsized to a condo and my tools languished in a storage locker. I have recently found suitable space for my tools and have established my shop again. Right before our move I started getting the turning bug and tried my hand at segmented turning. Needless to say I was hooked. While my initial turnings aren't close to the quality what I see here, I love to learn. I hope to soak in some of the AAW magic and get inspired. Thanks for having me.

Paul2021-03-14 16-37-14 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4)-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome Paul. Looks to me like your work is holding its own!

Back